Today, I’m sharing my recipe for Apple Cinnamon Muffins with Streusel Topping. This is one of my very favourite muffin recipes. I have been making these muffins for several years, and my family loves them as much as I do.
These muffins are like apple coffee cake in muffin form. Apple and cinnamon is such a classic pairing. I always love them together. These soft, fluffy muffins are filled with fresh apple and flavoured with cinnamon. The sweet, crumbly streusel topping is the best part. These muffins are absolutely delicious!
So, bake a batch of these wonderful muffins, make yourself a cup of coffee, and enjoy…
Apple Cinnamon Muffins with Streusel Topping
These soft, fluffy muffins are filled with fresh apple and flavoured with cinnamon. The sweet, crumbly streusel topping is the best part. These muffins are absolutely delicious!
This recipe was adapted slightly from How To Simplify.
For the muffins:
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and diced small (reserve 3 Tbsp. diced apple for the streusel topping)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda/ bi-carb soda
- 1/2 heaping tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup/ 250 mL Greek yogurt
- 4 Tbsp./ 56 grams unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
For the streusel topping:
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp./ 20 grams butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 3 Tbsp. diced apple
- Preheat oven to 400F/ 200C/ 180C fan-forced. Line 2 muffin pans with muffin cups/ pattypans.
- Whisk the sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Stir in diced apples.
- Whisk the eggs, Greek yogurt, and melted butter together in a medium bowl.
- Gently stir egg mixture into flour mixture. Do not overmix or the muffin crumb (texture) will be stiff.
- Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full.
- Top each muffin cup with the crumb topping. To make crumb topping: Combine all ingredients except diced apples in a bowl and mix with a fork to create crumbs. Break up larger crumbs with the fork to create more crumbs. Toss in the apples and coat lightly with the flour mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from the oven and allow them to cool for about five minutes before removing them from the pan. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. The muffins are best eaten within 1-2 days of baking them. Store in a tightly covered container.
This recipe was created by Kim Sequoia for a delicious moment.
All written content and photos are copyright Kim Sequoia 2018 for a delicious moment.